Monday, October 24, 2011

I Miss Grammie

As some of you know, my sweet, AMAZING Grammie passed away on August 25. She was seriously the life of the party. She was a feisty redhead (this is where Piper gets it!). She was the queen of inappropriate and random gifts. She loved sex - talking about it, joking about it and, as she often bragged about, having it!! Ha ha! She loved my Poppa like crazy - they were married 61 years and inseparable. But most importantly, she was an incredible example to all of us on how to show Christ-like love to EVERYONE. She didn't judge people...she just loved them. Truly. And I want to be like that someday. I love her and miss her lots. This family will not be the same without her. Thank God for grace. Can't wait to see her again!
I am SUPER thankful to have been able to fly back with Piper to Oklahoma for a week to be able to attend her memorial service and to be with my family. And Peeps and I got to celebrate our birthday together for the first time in a long time! The boys even busted out Junior's Curbside Grill for us!
Me and Peeps - and all the yummy mixed drinks courtesy of Marshall the bartender!
Kay Kay with Piper and Peeps with sweet little Reese :)
An amazing hostess (and even better aunt!), Auntie Lynn and Kiley bear.
Reese and Kiley on our big Stillwater outing...to the hangar to visit Uncle's plane and to see the arrival of his friend's private jet (yes, this was all uncle's idea but we went along with it!).
Papa Chop Chop with "Juliet" :)
Peeps and Heidi practicing their Kardashian private jet exit. Well done, girls.
Baby Evan, looking cute as ever.
Kiley and Pipes - I love when all the cousins are together!
Even though it has been two months (and I am way behind on all my blog posts), I wanted to give an official 'good-bye' to Grammie. I LOVE this picture of Gram and Pops holding hands at the end of her life here (thanks, cousin Heidi). They were so in love, and I want that. I am so thankful for their example. We all feel a sense of loss and are reminded that life was not meant to end this way. Praise God for his free gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ!
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women have done excellently,
but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
(Proverbs 31:28-30)
XOXO. If you'd like, you can read her obituary here.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

xoxoxxoxo. i miss her all the time. so blessed to be her grandchild!