Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Mother's Day

So I know this is a little late but that's just how things seem to be going these days :) I had a great Mother's Day though - which began with me sleeping in, then getting served breakfast in bed by my boys (along with a cute colored picture from Justus), then we headed off to Linlithgow Palace, since I was the "queen" for the day (or so Trav said). It was a really nice day and we had so much fun. The palace was huge (in fact, Justus learned two of his new favorite sayings while we were there... "Oh my!" and "It's huge!"). When we got home Trav cooked me dinner and I just got to relax. It was a good day :)This place was seriously big. We walked around the entire palace for a few hours and I'm sure we still didn't see the whole thing. It seemed like each room had a new set of stairs to go up or down and we never knew where we were! But there were lots of little spots that Justus loved climbing into.
I love this one of him peeking at us from behind the big doors!
Walking around the fountain with dad (the palace had rooms on all four sides with a huge courtyard and fountain in the middle).
Right outside on the palace grounds. It was gorgeous. Green grass everywhere, a beautiful river, and a really cute town that surrounded it.
One of my favorite moments of the day... Trav showing Justus how to ride the spring-loaded horse thingy at the park. Apparently these are only meant for small children... and he went flying off that thing! I wish I had one more picture to show him scrambling to stay on his feet and not eat it face first into the ground!!
A few miles from the palace was this really pretty field of yellow flowers (not sure what they are - Trav thinks they are weeds but I'm not convinced - but they are blooming all over Scotland right now).
Ending the trip with a high-five from the cutest kid ever!! I love Justus so much and I LOVE being a mom! :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

i want to be in that field! i love seeing how different your country is from mine. Does yours even have dirt??? it's so beautiful!

Amber said...

It looks like you guys are photo shopped into that field!!! That is an awesome picture! And how freakin' cute is my nephew?!?!?! I love him (and you and Trav)

audrey lasalle said...

jess.
why are you and that sweet noodle so cute?