Friday, September 11, 2009

We're Here!!

So I realize it has been well over a month since I posted anything here, but you know I have a good excuse! We arrived in Pitscottie, Scotland (the small little town where our neighborhood is) on the evening of August 29 (also a significant day in history for many other reasons as well!). Pops & GiGi Buchanan made the trip with us and made sure we were WELL settled before they headed back home earlier this week :( Here are just a few of the happenings in the past few weeks...there will be plenty more to come, I promise!!

Outside our cute little house (and yes, I am already wearing warm, fuzzy slippers!).

Having dinner with the rents in our house (we still can't believe we actually live here).

Justus enjoying the backyard with Pops & GiGi.

Trying on some new mittens and a beanie to help get him through the fall/winter months (we heard it gets cold here).

On a nice day (no rain, that is) we decided to go take a tour of Glamis Castle (about 1/2 an hour from our house).

Walking around the "Italian Gardens" at the castle.

Justus enjoying the lovely Scottish views :)

These hairy beasts are called "Highland Cattle" - I'm assuming all the extra hair is for warmth?? Hopefully we don't come back looking like this!

Having in dinner in one of the many pubs in St. Andrews. We know, he seems too young for pub life but he doesn't seem to mind.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Jessica....so cute!!! I love your house and all the green that is there!! You have to send me that picture of Justus on the bench. I want to print a copy for myself! He is the cutest! Love you and miss you!

Christina Heisler said...

Hey guys! Miss you so much! So glad you're settling in and enjoying your new home! James was so excited when he brought me a picture and said, "Baby Justus, Baby Justus!" It was really him as a baby, but it was the thought that counted!

Nancy Branch said...

Amazing - simply amazing! Great photos of such a beautiful family and beautiful place - why are you all so cute?? I miss you all tons!
You need post a new picture every day!

Rachel Olimb said...

WOW! It's SO beautiful there! I can't believe that's your backyard, and you get to tour castles in your free time. What an awesome opportunity for you all! AZ just isn't the same without your presence. Keep the pictures coming!