Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kellie Castle

We actually had a day with nice weather (it can happen!) and we decided that we had to get out and do something and take advantage of it...so we chose to visit Kellie Castle (which was my main choice since it was about 20 minutes away, compared to the castle Trav wanted to visit that was 2 hours away! I won.). It was actually one of my favorites that I have been to - small and quaint, the rooms we could walk through were interesting without too many things that kids can grab and break!, there was even a nursery on the top floor with a basket full of old toys for the kids to play with, the gardens were amazing and smelled as nice as they looked, and there was a pretty, short little woodland walk around the outside. Piper insisted on holding Justus' hand on the walk up... seriously so cute.
There were chickens that ran around the garden that both the kids loved to chase. Well, maybe Justus loved chasing them more than Piper but she liked watching them run away!
Doing his 'work' :)
Justus worked his mad camera skills and got a cute one of me and Trav having lunch.
Piper was having the time of her life running around the garden...these are just a few of the happy pics Trav took!
We forced Justus to pose with these random, golden head statues (with his sword that he brought with him and my sunglasses). So tough.
And we got a nice view of St. Andrews on our drive back...this town really is beautiful (especially on a warm sunny day!).
And we also had this view in the back seat. We know he is crazy but we love him! :)

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh your kids are so cute! I am obsessed with that picture of Pipes on the green bench...definitely a framer!! And I love the ones of her playing too! And the one where they are holding hands walking! Let's be honest I love them all! I also love your crazy boy! :) Such a cute blog!

Nancy Branch said...

What peeps said!! Looks like such a fun, happy day! And why are these kids so cute???? Seriously - why? Love, love, love all the pictures! And justus is certainly improving his picture taking skills - nice job, justus! Love you all. Now I am going to go and prove that I am not a robot and publish this comment!

Rachel Olimb said...

Jess! These pictures are beautiful!! I love that you guys argue over which castle to go and tour, ha! When are you coming back to the desert? We have...movie theaters, ha!

Lynn said...

aww makes me miss Scotland and Eatin' butter! love & miss my awesome little Buchanan Scots!!