Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Now I've Gone & Done It...

...let's face it, people. I am WAAAAY too far behind on this blog. Only some minor milestones missed - our trip back to the States, Piper's 1st Birthday, Christmas, our 8 year Anniversary, meeting my new niece for the first time, getting to see our families, coming back to Scotland, Justus starting school, Piper starting to walk. I think that's it. Not bad. And now I'm having a dilemma...try to post something about it or not. AAH! Why do I do this to myself? Well, here is a VERY BRIEF rundown of all the fun we've been having for the past two months for those of you, besides me, who care :)

Piper turned one. We were in Colorado and still a little jet-lagged maybe. It was two days before Christmas and a little crazy. But she turned one and we celebrated, Hello Kitty style. Nothing major. Homemade (and, as always, hand-decorated) cupcakes and mini-bundt cakes. She didn't even eat one bite of the cake, I don't think. She did try the frosting but that's about it. But she got to celebrate with my mom, Trav's parents and her great-Nanny too, so that was special :)
Then came Christmas. We had actually already celebrated our own family Christmas in Pitscottie before leaving for the States. It was small, sweet and fun.
But Christmas at the Buchanan's is a whole other matter...it is BIG. They go all out. Then add Kay Kay to the mix. Needless to say, the kids (and us too!) were spoiled! We were opening presents from 8am-1pm. INSANE! Then a big Christmas dinner with more family. It was a full, fun day.
,
Then just when you think the celebrating is over, Trav and I had our 8 year Anniversary on December 27th. 8 years??!!! Crazy. We had a nice dinner out thanks to the 'rents and then were spoiled yet again with tickets to a Broncos game (in a heated suite, nonetheless)! It was amazing. Too bad they lost...but when you're eating freshly sliced prime rib, you care less. :)
And I can't say enough about our families...we got three weeks in Colorado with Pops & GiGi, and Kay Kay came and met us for a week! Plus Nanny came for a few days. Then Piper and I got to go meet my newest niece, Iris, in Salt Lake City and see Anna & Chris. Then we were off to Alabama to stay with Leah & Justin and their family, and Peeps & Tom came up to spend five days with all of us. It was seriously the best. I LOVE OUR FAMILY!!! I miss everyone like CRAZY being over here, so just seeing everyone and spending time with them was definitely the highlight of the trip (for me)!
Pops & GiGi
Nanny
Kay Kay
Uncle Chris
Aunt Anna
Iris

Aunt Peeps
Uncle Tom
Aunt Leah
Uncle Justin
Evan
Kiley & Reese







Believe it or not, that is all for now. More on Justus in school and Piper walking later. I think this is enough. :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

Great job updating all the important events in such a short blog post! I'm impressed! Now why haven't I seen any of your pictures?!? They are so cute and I can't believe this is my first time seeing them! Anyways thanks for updating :)

cHim-prints said...

Congrats on an amazing retelling of a very busy time. I feel like I have seen and heard every part of your holiday. The pictures are great of everyone. Thanks for sharing. (Even though you may think you're alone here... you are NOT! Don't ever give up the posts. Please?)

I am however in shock that Justus is starting school?!?! Can he be that old already!?! And I cannot believe that a year has passed since Piper made her appearance. Too fast. Time is going by too fast.

It's so good that you can visit with your family like this. You are most blessed - with great family, resources and your own little clan that is healthy and obviously happy.

Heidi said...

love all these kids and adults!! wish the reeves could have gotten in on this action!