Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

I got my first official Mother's Day gift from Justus...a hand-painted coffee mug (complete with sloppy hand and foot prints and all)...and I know one day I will still be drinking out of this mug, balling my eyes out, as he leaves for college or moves out of the house! He already is growing up too fast - he is his own little man, with a fun, laid-back personality, and now he that he is crawling he is even that much more independent. (By the way, I'm posting a new and improved crawling video...after posting the last one I realized he really doesn't crawl on there at all! but he definitely has the hang of it now!) I realize that Mother's Day may be just another gimmick to get people to spend money on cards and gifts, but I really don't care as long as I keep getting handmade gifts like the one I got this year (special thanks to Trav on that one). :)

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

That Star Wars shirt is so full of win!

Christina Heisler said...

Post a picture of the mug! Keep your fingers crossed on college for that one! I've heard what the mug looks like!

Rachel Olimb said...

I agree. That t-shirt is the bomb, and I want to see the mug :).

Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

cHim-prints said...

Love the three generation picture!

I also want to see the mug... yes, the coffee mug.

Can't believe how well Justus gets around. It's fun to watch.